|The Benefits of Dry body brushing
- Dry skin brushing helps to shed dead skin cells. This can improve skin texture and cell renewal.
- Dry skin brushing increases circulation to the skin. This increases your body’s excretion of metabolic wastes. This in turn aids the lymphatic drainage of the entire body. When the body rids itself of toxins, it is able to run more efficiently in all areas.
- Dry skin brushing also helps to tighten the skin because it increases the flow of blood. Increasing the circulation to the skin can also help lessen the appearance of cellulite.
- Dry skin brushing helps with muscle tone and more even distribution of fat deposits.
- Dry skin brushing also rejuvenates the nervous system by stimulating nerve endings in the skin.
- Dry skin brushing helps your skin to absorb nutrients by eliminating clogged pores.
- Dry skin brushing improves the appearance of cellulite by assisting in breaking down the fat deposits.
- Purchase a natural bristle brush (fake bristles will scratch-ouch)
- Make sure this brush has a long handle, so that you are able to reach all areas of your body.
- Dry body brushing should be performed once a day, preferably first thing in the morning.
- Skin brushing should be performed before your bath or shower while your skin is dry—hence the term “dry body brushing”
- Begin by brushing your skin in long sweeping strokes starting from the bottom of your feet and working your way upwards towards your heart. Always brush towards the heart.
- Avoid sensitive areas and anywhere the skin is broken.
- After brushing, jump into a shower and you feel your skin tingle with life.