Dry hair lacks the oil and moisture it needs to make it soft and shiny. This will result in hair that is brittle and dull and has a straw-like texture. Dry hair can result from an internal (health issue) or external (environmental) source.
- Excessive washing of hair – you really don’t need to wash your hair everyday. Only wash when it is dirty. You can even try dry shampoo if you feel your hair is oily. Ps Dry shampoo is no replacement for actual water and shampoo…
- GHD overdose – I can never understand why girls would want poker straight hair. Over use of the flat iron will dry out your hair. Go natural girls (and some guys). Waves and curls are cool.
- Environmental dryness – areas with lots of sun, dry heat and little humidity, will definitely make your hair drier than tropical, humid climates. Outdoorsy people are at risk. Wear a hat outdoors and a swimming cap at the pool.
- Anorexia – this chronic condition can affect both genders and results in straw like hair and hair fall known as telogen effluvium. Please seek psychiatric help as being skinny isn’t all that…skinny people aren’t always happy.
- Thyroid disease – hypothyroidism is a medical condition for an under active thyroid gland. An under-active thyroid can wreak havoc on your entire body. This may affect the amount of sebum you produce to keep your hair nourished. Seek medical attention.
Powered by Facebook Comments