- In the early 1900’s at the French Royal Spas… guests that bathe in the carbon dioxide enriched pools…discovered their wounds were healing faster than normal.
- It was discovered that carbon dioxide speeds up the healing process by increasing blood circulation.
- This discovery became know as Carboxytherapy.
- Carboxytherapy is a simple administration of carbon dioxide gas to improve the appearance of cellulite, dark undereye circles and stretch marks.
- It is a non-surgical method as carbon dioxide gas is infiltrated into the subcutaneous tissue through a tiny needle.
- It is based on a simple principle known as oxygen off-loading.
- The injected carbon dioxide gas misleads the body into increasing blood flow due to an oxygen deficit in the inflicted area.
- An increase in blood flow leads to an increase in oxygenation and nutrients.
- This results in in a flushing of the area…and the stimulation of the synthesis of new collagen and other cells.
Powered by Facebook Comments