- Carboxytherapy can dramatically improve the appearance of dark undereye circles.
- Dark undereye circles are sometimes caused by darkened pigment or a hollow depression below the lower eyelids
- However…poor circulation beneath the eyelids (vascular pooling) is a major cause for dark undereye cirlces
- Poor circulation can be the result of congestion in the capillary network. Normally tears drain from the eyelids into the nose, but there can be an obstruction.
- This obstruction can be due to chronic nasal congestion from seasonal allergies, previous nasal fracture, or a deviated septum…
- This results in bad drainage and the blood flow to the lower eyelids becomes sluggish…giving rise to the boggy blue tinge…sometimes called panda eyes…
- The lack of appropriate oxygenation to the lower eyelid skin allows the bluish cast to show through the thin skin of the eyelids.
- Carboxytherapy works to improve the capillary network of the lower eyelids…as well as to increase the dermal collagen layer in the lower eyelid skin
- By injecting a small amount of carbon dioxide gas just beneath the skin of the lower eyelid, blood flow is increased and improved capillary networks are formed for longer lasting circulatory benefit.
- The treatment takes only five minutes, and is virtually painless and risk-free.
- The bluish cast is replaced with a healthy pink tone.
- A series of 2-6 treatments spaced one week apart is all that is required to achieve a great result.
- Once a series of treatments is completed, the skin has a more luminous appearance that lasts approximately six months.
Powered by Facebook Comments