Every women deserves to feel beautiful and pampered, however regular trips to the beauty salon cost a pretty penny and not everyone can afford this luxury. I have listed some of my tried and tested budget beauty tips to keep you looking fab without breaking your piggy bank.
- Don’t splurge on face wash. Most brands are formulated with similar ingredients. All you need is something to clean your skin.
- Dip cotton pads into baby oil to make an excellent eye makeup remover. Wash off after with regular face wash.
- Cooled green or chamomile tea make a great toner. Apply with cotton pads.
- I add rosemary oil to my regular shampoo. Rosemary oil assists with hair loss and also smells great.
- Shampoo hair roots only to save on shampoo. The rinsing water will clean the rest of you hair.
- Save on shampoo by not washing hair daily. If hair gets oily apply a dry shampoo or comb baby powder through the roots.
- To condition hair, apply a few drops of sandalwood oil to damp hair. Wrap in a loose bun and be wowed by cool beachy waves. You have also saved yourself from heated hair appliances and thermal hair product use.
- To save on salon visits, don’t stray too far from your natural hair color when coloring your hair. The ombre look is not for everyone!
- Substitute expensive shaving cream for cheap hair conditioner or baby oil.
- Store razor blades in baby oil or mineral oil as it keeps it sharper for longer.
- Don’t skimp on sunscreen. The sun is the biggest culprit of ageing skin. You will save $$$ in the long run.
- Store moisturizers in the fridge to extend its shelf life. Heat can degrade products and cause inactivation of active of ingredients and microbial contamination.
- Know what you are paying for. Read product labels. Make sure that you are paying for a good product and not paying for their marketing campaign.
- Mix glycerine into your body lotion to combat dry winter skin.
- Make your bronzer go further by mixing with body lotion before use.
- Use multifunctional products such as a moisturizer with sunscreen, shampoo with conditioner or an all in one lip,cheek and eye makeup.
- Keep nail varnish in the fridge to prevent it from drying out.
- Soak stained fingernails in lemon juice to brighten. However prevent stained nails before they happen by applying a base coat at all times.
- Dip a clean mascara wand into coconut oil and apply to eyelashes. This is a great lash conditioning treatment.
- Extend the life of your false lashes by soaking them in baby oil after use, rinsing off gently in warm water and patting dry. Comb into shape with clean mascara brush.
- Save money on expensive makeup brush cleaner. Wash makeup brushes with cheap shampoo. Rinse well with water and pat dry. This works for makeup sponges as well.
- After applying liquid foundation blot face with a tissue before applying finishing powder. This saves on powder and also results in a more natural finish.
- Beauty Apps with virtual mirrors allow users to try out makeup before purchasing. Save money by only purchasing products that you look awesome in!
- Subscribe to daily deals in your city. Many spas and salons offer great deals online. You can save $$$ by purchasing these deals and pamper yourself in the process.
- Create your own at home spa products. Raid your kitchen cupboards then invite some friends over to share in your “spa day”. Crack open the bubbly!
Powered by Facebook Comments